We know you’re missing the pub (we’re missing you too) so why not try one of our famous pizza planks from the comfort of your own home.
Our pizza planks are a huge hit at The Airport, Mulberry, Seacroft, Wynnstay Arms, Flower Pot, Royal Ship and Y Bryncynan.
You can cover it in your favourite toppings, and it can be easily adapted if you are taking part in Veganuary or one of our veggie loving friends!
Why not give it a try by following the recipe below and let us know how you get on!
We're also giving you the chance to win a meal for two when we reopen! Simply recreate our famous pizza plank and send the photos of your creation to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll pick which one looks the yummiest!
Creating the perfect pizza plank (makes 8 – if you need less, just half the recipe!)
- 1 kg of White Bread Flour or 00’ flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 x 7g dried yeast
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x tablespoon of sugar
- 650ml lukewarm water
Pizza Dough Recipe:
- In a large bowl, sieve the flour and salt
- In a separate jug add to the water the oil, yeast and sugar and leave for 10 minutes until it’s slightly foaming
- Slowly add the water in parts to the bowl of flour and mix together until it’s formed in starts to come together.
- Once together, roll out onto a floured surface and kneed it until you have a smooth, springy dough (this is great for the little ones to get involved with!)
- Place the dough into an olive oil greased large bowl (make sure its big enough as the dough will be expanding!) and cover with a damp tea cloth and place in a warm part of your home for one hour.
- After an hour, your dough should be risen, push the dough back (called knocking back) into the bowl with your hands and then leave again for one more hour. (If you have a pizza stone, now is the time to put this in the oven!)
- After this hour, your dough is ready. Knock the dough back one more time and then separate it into equal balls of dough.
- To create the pizza plank, simply roll the dough in a plank shape on a dusted surface and transfer over to either a pizza stone or baking tray and fill it with your favourite toppings – not forgetting to brush the crust with a little olive oil before it goes into the oven!
Our pizza planks work great with a whole variety of toppings so get adventurous and let us know how you got on.
Don't forget to send us your creation to be in with a chance of winning a meal for two - send us your pictures to email@example.com and we'll pick the tastiest looking pizza!